This once-in-a-century event will include a concert featuring talented and award-winning ensembles from UW-Eau Claire's Department of Music and Theatre Arts. Among the many works they'll perform will be pieces performed 100 years ago, as well as works commissioned specifically for the university's Centennial Celebration. It's an event you do not want to miss!
Plan to arrive promptly at 6 p.m. to enjoy complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres, music and theatre student performances, and a special Foster Gallery centennial exhibition of alumni artworks. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m.
Following are the Centennial Gala's featured student ensembles, their conductors and the composers of the specially commissioned musical works they will perform:
- University Symphony Orchestra | Mr. Nobuyoshi Yasuda, conductor | Performing work composed by Ivar Lunde
- Concert Choir | Dr. Frank A. Watkins, conductor | Performing work composed by Ethan Wickman
- Jazz Ensemble I | Mr. Robert Baca, conductor | Performing work composed by Kyle Newmaster
- L.E. Phillips String Quartet | Dr. Tulio Rondón, coach | Performing work composed by Jordan Jenkins
- Wind Symphony | Dr. John R. Stewart, conductor | Performing work composed by Chia-yu Hsu
- Laila Robins, 1981 UW-Eau Claire music graduate; successful film, television and theater actress
- Wil Denson, UW-Eau Claire professor emeritus of theater arts; award-winning author and playwright
Centennial Gala tickets are $40 and can be purchased as follows:
- in person from UW-Eau Claire's Campus Box Office in the east lobby of Davies Center;
- via telephone at 715-836-3727 or 800-949-8932; or
- online at the Campus Box Office website.
A $1 processing fee per ticket will be charged for phone and online orders.